Sunday, October 10, 2010

TSS/24 Hour Read-a-thon: End of Event Meme

Reader Readathon Button
Books Read: 1) Grace Under Pressure by Julie Hyzy (310)
2) The Weight of Shadows by Alison Strobel (316)
3) The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson(110/743)

Pages Read: 310+316+110=736

Books Finished: 2

Cups of tea drunk: numerous

Mini-challenges participated in: 4

Cheerleading: as and when

I am back to square one! I read two books and could only manage 110/743 pages of the third one, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson. I simply couldn't go on. However, 736 pages is not bad for someone who was in a major reading slump!

End of Event Meme:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
After 13 hours. I slept for two hours but still did not read much. I

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
 Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
More of cheerleading!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Mini-challenges gave everyone ample time to participate

5. How many books did you read?
Two+

6. What were the names of the books you read?
1) Grace Under Pressure by Julie Hyzy (310)

The Weight of Shadows by Alison Strobel (316)
3) The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson(110/743)

7. Which book did you enjoy most?

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson(110/743)

8. Which did you enjoy least?
The Weight of Shadows by Alison Strobel (316)

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I pre-wrote some fun cheers. And cut and pasted those starting from the bottom of the alphabet alloted to me. I tried to cover all and then some more! I kind of missed the regular readers of my blog. Suppose they were too busy!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Reader and Cheerleader, both! I enjoyed!

14 comments:

Maree said...

That's great for someone in a slump! I hope you had fun! :)

Marieke said...

Well done! You got a lot of reading done! I also went through numerous cups of tea, too many to count. Thanks for all your comments along the way! It was fun.

Yvonne said...

I think that's great! I just blogged about reading slumps for my Sunday Salon :)

Stephanie said...

You did an awesome job! I am glad you broke out of your slump. Enjoy the rest of Hornet's Nest!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I liked how you used technology in your cheerleading.

Congratulations! (celebration music rises in background) You did it! (trumpets sound) How many people can do what you did?! You should feel very proud!

Pretentious Wombat said...

The play was a great success, but the audience was a disaster.
- Oscar Wilde

Congratulations on your success in this year's Readathon!

Nise' said...

You had a great read-a-thon. Hope it keeps you out of your reading slump.

Em said...

Well done! I've come across a few bloggers doing the Read-a-thon this weekend, I find that really impressive and il looks like fun too!
I wish I had done it. It was rainy and windy here on Saturday, it would have been perfect, but I had to go to work :( next time maybe...

Veens said...

Next time I want to participate :)

Candy said...

You did really good, slump or not! Way to go!

Deepali said...

well done! Also, I just realized that this is the End of Event meme I was looking for yesterday (before giving up and using the hourly update one)
:)

Anonymous said...

Did the Readathon get you over your reading slump? If not, it doesn't sound like it made it any worse, which is good.

My cups-of-tea count was also "numerous" :-) I can't read for very long without a cup of tea!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I wasn't able to stop by during the readathon and cheer you on! I missed keeping up with my regulars, but I only had a few hours and a list of blogs. Looks like you had a good readathon even if you had hoped to read more.

Anna said...

Congrats on your RaT accomplishments! I didn't participate this time around, but I wish I had.