Saturday, May 1, 2010

Weekly Geeks: Tackling Series Books

How you guys deal with that book in that series that you are following, that is just not doing it for you.

  • What series do you read where you have had an issue with one of the books in the line-up.
  • Do you cut the author lose after one miss, or do you have a limit of failed books in a series before you toss in the towel.
  • What's your suggestion for that book that you struggle with in a series.
  • If you are not a series reader – Toss the question out on your blog, see what your readers think.
I usually read Stand Alone books. Only series I remember reading is the Harry Potter one. Even those I read in a haphazard way, not by series. Not that it made much difference to me. One series I am hooked to now is the Millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson. I have read two and waiting to read the third one. This is one series which has made me want more.

Having said that, give me Stand Alone books any day.

How about you? Which do you prefer?

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

If a book in a series doesn't work for me, I generally stick with it for a little while.

Erotic Horizon said...

I can agree with you on the Stand Alone - but there is just something about a journey with a series..

Watching those characters grow and change, not to mention the world building.... makes it worth it sometimes..

Have a great reading week this week..

E.H>

pussreboots said...

I agree with you on series vs. stand alone books. You can read my thoughts here.

Becky said...

I like both. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a good series. Sometimes quality becomes an issue. Sometimes series drag on a little too long. Sometimes the stories start to seem a bit too repetitive. But there is something satisfying, something comforting about a good series as well.

Kerrie said...

In a good series, you often see character development of a kind that can't happen within the limitations of a single book. I read a mixture