Saturday, May 8, 2010

Start of my summer vacations

Our schools closed for the summer from today onwards. It felt so good in the morning, waking up to find that I don't have to rush for work for the next 7 weeks. I plan to relax completely for the next two days, that means, I will not think about my work at all. Mind you, I do love teaching but I like vacations too.

My brother and his family are here for a short visit, from Bangalore. I have been having fun with them but they leave tomorrow morning.

As most of you know, I will be going back to reading and of course, reviewing. I have a lot of pending books to review. I ought to catch up with those in the next some days. I am in midst of many books but haven't been able to finish any of those.

There are so many others stuff I wish to do and I will be tackling those too although I have not planned how to go about those as yet.

What do you do in the summer vacations? Do you pursue a new hobby or continue with the old ones?

8 comments:

bermudaonion said...

We don't get those kinds of summer vacations. I hope you enjoy yours!

Unknown said...

I still have 23 days to go before vacation, but who's counting. I like to do something new in the summer, usually take a class. Most years I take an art class of some sort, try some new technique I've not done before.

But what I really love to do is to while away the time sitting in a good coffee shop with a good book.

zetor said...

Hope you thoroughly enjoy your holidays.

fredamans said...

Happy Summer vacation!

I get to do camping with my family in June, and much more this summer.

serendipity_viv said...

I am normally busy with the kids in the holidays, but as they get older, I think more time will be freed up for reading.

Bookfool said...

I haven't gone anywhere for summer in eons. My traveling husband is gone every two weeks and I guess we just don't get around to planning vacations between his work jaunts. Enjoy your vacation!

Serena said...

I wish I had those long vacations...I would enjoy reading, gardening, hiking, photography, taking writing courses etc. But alas, I only get a couple weeks, and I'm spending on in NYC for BEA.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great vacation!