Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays: Poetic Musings of an Old, Fat Man by Harry E. Gilleland, Jr.

Currently reading poetry. Hence sharing this stanza from one of the poems in there. Hope you like it.


"We wait to give of our blood, our urine,

or to have our insides revealed.
We hope for good answers,
but for some it will be bad news.
For some, it will be routine.
For others, it will alter their life.
For the unfortunate, it will be death sentence.

~Page 100, The Assembled Waiters,

Poetic Musings of an Old, Fat Man by Harry E. Gilleland, Jr.

5 comments:

fredamans said...

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesday_08.html

Kaye said...

I've seen this around but not too many reviews of it. I hope you are enjoying it. My teaser is here

tweezle said...

How true. Great teaser!!!

Here's mine for this week:
http://tweezlereads.blogspot.com/2010/02/teaser-tuesday_09.html

pussreboots said...

Interesting teaser. I have a friend who reads a lot of poetry and he and I sometimes swap books. I'll keep my eye out for the book. My teaser is here.

Anonymous said...

there's an award waiting for you at my blog :)