Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mondays: Mailbox/Musings/Whereabouts

Monday Mailbox is hosted by Marcia.

I received the following books this past:

1) Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure by Allan R. Shickman

The hero, Zan-Gah seeks his lost twin in a savage prehistoric world, encountering suffering, captivity, conflict, love, and triumph. In three years, Zan-Gah passes from an uncertain boyhood to a tried and proven manhood and a position of leadership among his people. Themes: survival, cultures, gender roles, psychological trauma, nature's wonders and terrors.

2) Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country by Allan R. Shickman

The prehistoric saga continues in Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country, the sequel to the award winning Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure. In this story, Zan s troubled twin brother, Dael, having suffered greatly during his earlier captivity, receives a ruinous new shock when his wife suddenly dies. Disturbed and traumatized, all of his manic energies explode into acts of hostility and bloodshed. His obsession is the destruction of the wasp men, his first captors, who dwell in the Beautiful Country. When he, Zan-Gah, and a band of adventurers trek to their bountiful home, they find that all of the wasp people have died in war or of disease. The Beautiful Country is empty for the taking, and Zan s people, the Ba-Coro, decide to migrate and resettle there. But the Noi, Dael s cruelest enemies and former tormentors, make the same migration from their desert home, and the possibility develops of contention and war over this rich and lovely new land.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Musing Mondays2 Do you keep all the books you ever buy? Just the ones you love? Just collectibles? What do you do with the ones you don’t want to keep?

I used to cling to whatever books I bought. Not any more. I keep only a few. And others I giveaway to my nephews, nieces anyone else who covets those books. It keeps me de-cluttered and easy in mind!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finished:

Buried Alive by Roy Hallums

Leaving Yesterday by Kathryn Cushman

Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo

I am in midst of reading:

Too many books!

I plan to read:

Whatever I can!

I posted reviews of:
Buried Alive by Roy Hallums
Leaving Yesterday by Kathryn Cushman
Blood Harvest by Brant Randall
The Secret Keeper by Paul Harris
Plain Pursuit by Beth Wiseman
The Bafut Beagles by Gerald Durrell

15 comments:

wisteria said...

These look really interesting. I'd like to read your reviews. Enjoy your books.

Marce said...

We may have diff styles of reading but I still enjoy visiting your blog.

I have an award for you.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/02/10-things-that-make-me-happy-happy-101.html

bermudaonion said...

I get rid of some books, but keep far too many. Enjoy your new books!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I tend to get rid of my books too (donate them) once I read them. Enjoy...

Here are mine:http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/02/mailbox-monday_21.html

Melody said...

How I wish I've more space to keep all my books, but alas some of them have to go!

Happy reading!

Nise' said...

You had a great reading week!

I keep very few books.

Lori said...

You've been busy... Here's Mine.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Leaving Yesterday sounds like something I might like...

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I pass my books on to others too. Have a great reading week!

fredamans said...

You got a great list of books.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox_20.html

I keep all of my books, see why here;

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/02/musing-monday_22.html

Suko said...

I am expecting the Zan-Gah books! We can compare notes.

As for the Monday Musings, I have a hard time giving away the books I love. I want to hold onto them. But I do give away some. :)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I love your reading plan! Enjoy this week!

Anna said...

Those books sound really interesting. I passed on them because I have plenty to read right now, but I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Sandee61 said...

Hi...I'm a new follower and really enjoying your blog. I love learning about new authors and books. I read alot of books new and old, and keep my favorites.
Right now I'm reading, "Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston.

Happy Reading!
Sandee61

Muzzley56{at]aol[dot]com

Serena said...

sounds like you received some interesting books. looking forward to those reviews...happy reading.