Sunday, October 25, 2009

TSS/Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon: Wrap up/End of Event meme

Dewey's 24-hour Readathon

Books read: 5 and a half

Total pages read: 1418

Hours read: Almost 14


1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

After 1:15 AM, I simply couldn't stay awake. And the last 30 minutes was very hard. I stopped reading 20 minutes before time. I simply couldn't go on.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

Meggie's Remains by Joanne Sundel & The Imposter's Daughter by Lauri Sandell would keep one hooked!

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Yes, the time difference troubled me this time. It started on the 5:30 pm, Saturday for me and after a long day at school, I felt stressed out. If something could be done about that, I would much appreciate it.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

Cheerleading! I am indebted to them.

5. How many books did you read?

I read five and a half book.

6. What were the names of the books you read?

1) The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny (372)
2) Meggie's Remains by Joanne Sundel (298)
3) Dust by Susan Berliner (205)
4)
Judah's Lion by Anne Caston (96)--Poetry
5) The Imposter's Daughter by Laurie Sandell (pages245)
6) Receive Me Falling by Erica Robuck-- 155/266


7. Which book did you enjoy most?

2) Meggie's Remains by Joanne Sundel (298)

8. Which did you enjoy least?


N/A

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

N/A

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

Same as now. Reader!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job..I have heard a lot abt Impostor's Daughter and as it is a graphic novel I knw I ll like it. Hope u had fun reading

CeeCee said...

Looks like you enjoyed a fun readathon. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done!

serendipity_viv said...

Well done on finishing the read-a-thon. You did really well. I think I would struggle with the time difference too, as it starts at 1pm in the afternoon here.

Eva said...

Glad you enjoyed the cheerleaders, and congrats on finishing 6 books!

Louise said...

Well done on the reading :-) I loved to be cheerleading and next time I hope to be able to do more than just 12 hours, seeing how many are actually going for the full 24 hours! The Read-a-Thon began for me at 2PM, which wasn't that hard, also because I had no work Saturday, so I could sleep in and be well rested for the beginning.

Hope you get some rest and sleep now :) Its well deserved.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

There's really no great time to start or finish, is there? I suppose any time is going to be bad for someone somewhere.

As for me, I just can not go without sleep. I am too old. :-)

claire said...

Congratulations Gautami! You did wonderful!

bermudaonion said...

You had a fantastic read-a-thon! I'm very impressed with your stats.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

wow! this is not for a faint hearted person like me..

Pam said...

wow, GREAT job! I'm so so so impressed with all of the reading that was done, collectively, this weekend. I sat on the sidelines but never again, no, never again. I can;t wait until the next one so I can actually jump in!

Meghan said...

You did great! I know what you mean about the start times. I definitely would prefer to be in the eastern US and start at 8 am rather than in the afternoon - I think I'd be able to stay up and read longer. Still lots of fun though! =)

Vasilly said...

Great job! The Imposter's Daughter is a great book! Sweet dreams!

Literary Feline said...

Congratulations on reaching the end, Gautami! You did a great job and it sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great read-a-thon. I don't think I could have done it after a full day of work or school.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it great? I had so much fun my first time. Next time I need to be better about keeping track of my bloggy friends during the 24 hours!

Serena said...

great job. Looks like you read one book of poetry, so I will add $2 to my donation for poets.org.

3m.michelle said...

14 hours is great. Hope to see you next time!!