Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon: Update 3/Eat to Read Mini-Challenge

Dewey's 24-hour Readathon

I got back at 10 pm and went straight to my book The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny. Finished it a few minutes ago. It is 1:12 am here and I am kind of feeling tired. Remember it was a working day for me. It is almost seven hours now and I have finished 372 pages. It was not a fast read. However, a very satisfying one. My second Louise Penny book and I am glad I read it. One very unusual murder mystery.

Now I am onto my second book,
Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett (Pages 429). Maybe I ought to sleep for a couple of hours before I start it. I do need my sleep!

(Why couldn't I have chosen thinner books?)

Read-a-Thon: Eat to Read Mini-Challenge


I kind of snacked on tea, chocolate chip cookies and salted peanuts. That too after getting back from dinner, which was thrown in lieu of my younger SILs birthday. Can you believe it, I forgot to wish her in the morning? Blame on the Readathon!

4 comments:

Nise' said...

Happy Birthday to your sister. Take a nap if you need to, your book will be waiting.

Beth F said...

Cookies are always good!

claire said...

Lol! I chose thinner books and still am waaay behind. Go Gautami!

Liyana said...

Happy reading!

LiyanaLand!
http://liveandbreathesmexily.blogspot.com