Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon: Remembering Dewey


I don't know how I got to know Dewey. But after I landed up on her blog, I never looked back. Her blog simply drew us all in. Her reading was vast and varied. I looked up at what she had to say about a particular book. As I said before on my blog, I was in awe of her. She had so much enthusiasm that it kind of attracted us to her.

I liked to do the Weekly Geeks. It kept the book blogging community alive. She made sure we visited each other. Her giveaways were generous. I for one, won three books from her.

I had some inkling of her illness but did not know the seriousness of it. Yes, I will miss her. I am missing her. Hope she is looking at all of us from up there. Dewey, we will keep the community feeling alive. We have to. You started it, we got to make it grow.

Love you Dewey, wherever you are. It hardly matters that I never met you.

6 comments:

Care said...

yes! A lovely tribute post. and may I wish you a HAPPY read-a-thon, CHEERS!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had known her. Happy reading :)

The Book Resort said...

What a beautiful post.

Suko said...

What a nice tribute to Dewey. She inspires us all.

Anonymous said...

I was not fortunate enough to know Dewey. This is a beautiful tribute that certainly makes me wish I did!

Eva said...

Love your tribute!

We're in the final quarter! You've done great so far-see it through to the end! You can do it!