Monday, March 16, 2009

Musing about books to strangers

musing_mondaysWe were all warned as children to ‘never talk to strangers’, but how do you feel about book-talk with random people? When you see people reading, do you ask what it is? Do you talk to people in the bookstore or the library? Why or why not? What do you do if people talk to you?

I can talk about books to just about anyone who shows the slightest interest. It does not matter where or when. I have even recommended books in bookstores and in the library. I too don't mind if someone suggest authors or books. It is a different matter that I might not take to it. As I read very different kind of books, I don't take in kindly to the popular reads. However, books make great conversations, at least for me. In many a cases, books have helped break the ice. Any book lover will identify with that feeling.

0 comments: