Monday, August 25, 2008

Musing about book slump

What do YOU do when you find yourself in a reading slump? How do you get out of it? Do you keep trying different books until you find one that draws you in? Do you just give in to the slump until it passes, and do something other than reading for a time? Do you ask for help? And, if you ask for help, what great (or, not so great) advice have you been given on how to get out of the slump?

Right now I am in a book slump. I think it has been going on for the past one month. There are lots of books I want to read but can't read. I try picking up a book, read a few pages and put it down. Nothing holds interest. I am trying out different genres. Somehow my slump is not going away. Maybe I am trying too hard. I think I should not try reading anyhing at all for a while. That might help me! Most of my blogger friends are enouraging and tell me not to worry and say that my reading would return with a vengeance! I hope so. Until then I participate in memes like this!

0 comments: