Thursday, July 31, 2008

Booking Through Endings



What are your favourite final sentences from books? Is there a book that you liked specially because of its last sentence? Or a book, perhaps that you didn’t like but still remember simply because of the last line?

As for as endings are concerned, the obvious sentence should be ...And they lived happily ever after. It can't get any better than that or in my case, worse than that. But I prefer books with open ends. Where it is left for the reader to interpret it the way she/he wants to. Yes, feel good books are great to read. However, real life is not about happy endings. It mostly about getting on with what we have and make the most of it. So I prefer such endings. Where one can survive after enduring it all. Where skills of living are more important than mushy feelings. Maybe, I am digressing. But thats the way I think. To think out of box. I suppose I don't need to specify particular books.

0 comments: