Thursday, October 18, 2007

Booking through Typos



What’s the worst typographical error you’ve ever found in (or on) a book?"


Although I have come across a few, I do not recall glaring typographical errors as such. A few times I have been put off by sentence formations. Not that it has stopped me from reading the said book. What really gets my goose, is improper punctuation. Like use of thats intead of that's. I can read poetry without capitalizations. I too write it that way a few times. But prose writing without capitalization, is a big no-no for me. I have found usage of double commas too. Now that I call a biggest goof up one can make.

When I find mistakes in text books I teach from, it is a major setback. I can make out the mistakes but how does a kid do? I have sent a few letters for such errors. In mathematics, one can't afford to have typographical errors.


0 comments: